Self-Publishing Your Book: A Guide for First-Time and DIY Authors
Self-Publishing Your Book: A Guide for First-Time and DIY Authors by Roger Ellerton, Renewal Technologies, Inc. (2014) ISBN 978-0-9918645-3-9 E-book - 20 pages - 99 cents.
For those of you who are overwhelmed by the volumes of material in some of the larger books on publishing, here's a condensed version you may enjoy. Roger Ellerton has taken what he has learned and experienced as the author of several books and created this 20-page guide. He gives you the basics, outlines your publishing choices, and offers some of the more popular options. You'll get a nice introduction into CreateSpace, Lightning Source, Smashwords, Kindle Direct Publishing, and Google Partner.
If you're stymied as to your book cover, he provides links to articles that will help. I especially appreciate his section on editing, as he points out why it's important to hire an editor and what you can expect to gain from the experience. He also supplies some sites loaded with resources for authors, including http://www.spawn.org (thank you, Roger), and he discusses the marketing aspect of books - again with some links and recommendations.
In describing Self-Publishing Your Book, I might say it's a small book packing a hefty payload. I recommend it to those of you who are new to publishing and who want a brief introduction so you know what to do next and what to expect as a published author.
Purchase it here:
- Amazon - this link should take you to the Amazon site in your specific country. If it doesn't work, here are three of the Amazon sites: Amazon.com, Amazon.ca or Amazon.co.uk.
- Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
- The Apple iBookStore in your country: US iBookStore, Australian iBookStore, Canadian iBookStore.
- Smashwords.com. Here you can see my profile and ebooks that I have published at Smashwords. eBooks at Smashwords are available in a variety of formats: HTML (good for viewing in a web browser), Mobi (for Kindle devices and Kindle apps), Epub (Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions and others), PDF (good for reading on PC, or for home printing), RTF (readable on most word processors).
- Book Depository stocks over 2.5 million books, offers free shipping to over 90 countries and you can purchase in several different currencies. Search on my name (Roger Ellerton) to find my books that are available at this site.